Lakeside Road Construction
- Approximate Start Date:
- Approximate Completion Date: Late October
- Lakeshore Drive from McCracken to Laketon Ave. will be demolished and replaced with a new three-lane roadway.
- Sidewalks on both sides of the street will be replaced and widened.
- Streetscape like rain gardens and planter areas will be installed along the entire route.
- Numerous trees and shrubs will be planted along the route.
- One of the city’s water main lines will be replaced along the same route.
What’s the Schedule?
- Start of construction is scheduled to begin April 2019.
- Roadway lanes are expected to be completed by Late July 2019.
- Sidewalks and Streetscape are expected to be completed by late October 2019.
How will Traffic be Affected?
- One lane of traffic will remain open during roadway construction for traffic traveling west.
- All lanes are expected to be completed and open by August 2019.
- East-bound traffic will be diverted south on Lincoln to Sherman Blvd.
Will Businesses be Open during the Construction?
- Yes! Businesses will be open and offering discounts and other specials during the project.
- Check the Lakeside Facebook page for more information.
- Special wayfinding directional signs will be posted so customers know how to get into their favorite shops.
What will it look like when it’s done?
- Design maps and artist renderings can be seen in the rear entry hallway of Blue Horizons Wellness (parking in the back).
How Much will it all Cost?
- The entire project is approximately $5 Million, paid for by the City of Muskegon and federal grants.
- $3 Million will be spent on the road and streetscape and $2 Million on the water line.
Post Construction Landscape Maintenance:
- Portions of the streetscape will require care and maintenance such as weeding and watering.
- Your Lakeside Business and Neighborhood Associations are working on solutions for streetscape maintenance and care.